All of our lives are filled with tests and trials that come across our path. Often these tests and trials all come at the same time. The enemy is seeking whom He can devour and if you look at the news today, it is easy to see how there can be a sense of discouragement or despair.
- The economy is sluggish and people are without jobs.
- The oil spill on the Gulf continues to get worse.
- Our political leaders are more divided than ever and there is no sense of a common vision to move our country forward.
These same kinds of trials and tests could be listed for every person individually as well. When obstacles come, these are some things the Lord has led me to do to help make it through.
- Remember the enemy is seeking to block your view of Jesus. He stacks up your obstacles to build a wall of despair.
- Take each issue one at a time and cast that care on Jesus and He will care for you. In essence, surrender it to Him and don’t focus on the problem, but on Jesus and His promises from the Word.
- Seek to serve others in your time of need. Ask God to see the hurts of others and you will see how truly blessed you are.
- Remember God’s character and His faithfulness in the past when you have come through difficult times.
- Journal God’s daily provision and presence that sustained you so that when the next trial comes, you can remind yourself of God’s faithfulness and that He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- Thank Him that He has entrusted this to you to grow you and bring Him glory.
As you experience His sustaining grace, you will be growing in your dependence on God and His word. Remember God’s Word trumps the words of men. He is able and He is working in miraculous and mysterious ways through your tests and trials. I am reminded of Corrie ten Boom’s book, “The Hiding Place”, when she and her sister were in the Nazi’s concentration camps and their barracks were the only ones with ticks and lice and how they complained about this horrible condition, which actually kept the guards out of their barracks in the evenings when they would have their way with the women. Remember God is faithful and He loves you and will never leave you.
Please let me know if there is something you are struggling with that I and our BridgeBuilders prayer team can pray for. Thank you for your believing prayers.